Xiaoyun Yu is currently a Professor of Finance at Shanghai Advanced Institute of Finance (SAIF), Shanghai Jiao Tong University, a research member of the European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI), and a fellow of the Asian Bureau of Finance and Economic Research (ABFER). Prior to joining SAIF, she was a Professor of Finance and Arthur M. Weimer Faculty Fellow at the Kelley School of Business, Indiana University.
Professor Yu's research interests are in the areas of theoretical and empirical corporate finance, with a focus on information economics, initial public offering, financial institutions and systems, and political economy of finance. Many of her works have been published in leading academic journals, including Journal of Finance, Journal of Business, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Management Science, and Journal of Accounting and Economics. She is the author and co-author of several book chapters for Social Security Reform in China and Volume of Finance, Frontiers of Western Research in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
Professor Yu's research has won numerous awards and has been featured in various media outlets, including the CNBC, New York Times, and Wall Street Journal. She has served as the program chair, track chair, committee member of many top academic conferences. She currently serves as co-editor-in-chief of Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, editor of International Review of Finance, and associate editor of Journal of Corporate Finance, Journal of Banking and Finance, and Journal of Empirical Finance.
Professor Yu received her Ph.D. in Finance from University of Minnesota and B.A. in International Economics from Renmin University of China.
1. Gao, Janet, Wenyu Wang, and Xiaoyun Yu, Forthcoming, Big Fish in Small Ponds: Human Capital Mobility and the Rise of Boutique Banks, Management Science.
2. Wang, Kemin, Xiaoyun Yu, and Bohui Zhang, Forthcoming, Panda Games: Corporate Disclosure in the Eclipse of Search, Management Science.
3. Fulmer, Sarah, April Knill, and Xiaoyun Yu, Forthcoming, Negation of Sanctions: The Personal Effect of Political Contributions, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
4. Liao, Guanmin, Mark Ma, and Xiaoyun Yu, 2022, Transporting transparency: Director foreign experience and corporate information environment, Journal of International Business Studies.
5. Giannetti, Mariassunta, and Xiaoyun Yu, 2021, Adapting to Radical Change: The Benefits of Short-Horizon Investors, Management Science.
6. Giannetti, Mariassunta, Guanmin Liao, Jiaxing You, and Xiaoyun Yu, 2021, The Externalities of Corruption: Evidence from Entrepreneurial Firms in China, Review of Finance.
7. Du, Qianqian, Frank Yu, and Xiaoyun Yu, 2017, Cultural Proximity and the Processing of Financial Information, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
8. Tian, Xuan, Gregory Udell, and Xiaoyun Yu, 2016, Disciplining Delegated Monitors: When Venture Capitalists Fail to Prevent Fraud by Their IPO Firms, Journal of Accounting & Economics.
9. Gannetti, Mariassunta and Xiaoyun Yu, 2015, Economic Development and Relationship-Based Financing, Review of Corporate Finance Studies.
10. Bhattacharya, Utpal, Alexander Borisov, and Xiaoyun Yu, 2015, Firm Mortality and Natal Financial Care, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
11. Gannetti, Mariassunta, Guanmin Liao and Xiaoyun Yu, 2015, The Brain Gain of Corporate Boards: Evidence from China, Journal of Finance.
12. Chang, Chun, Guanmin Liao, Xiaoyun Yu, and Zheng Ni, 2014, Information from Relationship Lending: Evidence from Loan Defaults in China, Journal of Money, Credit and Banking.
13. Yu, Xiaoyun, 2013, Securities Fraud and Corporate Finance: Recent Developments, Managerial and Decision Economics.
14. Yu, Frank and Xiaoyun Yu, 2011, Corporate Lobbying and Fraud Detection, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
15. Wang, Tracy Yue, Andrew Winton, and Xiaoyun Yu, 2010, Corporate Fraud and Business Conditions: Evidence from IPOs, Journal of Finance.
16. Bhattacharya, Utpal, Neal Galpin, Rina Ray, and Xiaoyun Yu, 2009, The Role of the Media in the Internet IPO Bubble, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis.
17. Bhattacharya, Utpal and Xiaoyun Yu, 2008, The Causes and Consequences of Recent Financial Market Bubbles: An Introduction, Review of Financial Studies.
18. Benveniste, Lawrence, Huijing Fu, Paul Seguin, and Xiaoyun Yu, 2008, On the Anticipation of IPO Underpricing: Evidence from Equity Carve‐outs, Journal of Corporate Finance.
19. Bhattacharya, Utpal, Neal Galpin, Rina Ray, and Xiaoyun Yu, 2006, The Role of the Media in the Launch of Internet IPOs, Betriebswirtschaftliche Forschung Und Praxis.
20. Chang, Chun, and Xiaoyun Yu, 2004, Investment Opportunities, Liquidity Premiums and Conglomerate Mergers, Journal of Business.
21. Benveniste, Lawrence, Alexander Ljungqvist, William Wilhelm, and Xiaoyun Yu, 2003, Evidence of Information Spillovers in the Production of Investment Banking Services, Journal of Finance.