Feng Li is a Professor of Accounting and Deputy Dean at Shanghai Advanced Institute of Finance (SAIF), Shanghai Jiao Tong University, is Associate Director of China Academy of Financial Research (CAFR), and Co-Director of Shanghai Advanced Institute for Financial Research (SAIFR). Professor Li acted as SAIF's Deputy Dean for Non-Executive Programs from 2016 to 2018 and Director of Finance MBA Program from 2015 to 2018. Prior to joining SAIF, Professor Li was Harry Jones Associate Professor of Accounting with tenure at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business, University of Michigan.
Professor Li's research interest mainly lies in financial statement analysis, big data & text mining, asset pricing & risk management. He has published widely in leading academic journals such as Journal of Accounting Research, Journal of Accounting and Economics, The Accounting Review, Management Science, and Journal of Financial Economics. Professor Li received the American Accounting Association Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award in 2018, which is presented annually to the works published in the last 15 years to recognize accounting research based on uniqueness and magnitude of contribution to accounting education, practice and/or future accounting research. Professor Li won Shanghai Jiao Tong University Excellent Educator Award in 2020.
Professor Li teaches the courses such as "Financial Innovation", "Financial Reporting and Analysis", "Essentials of Accounting for Decision Makers", etc...
Professor Li holds a Ph.D. in Business Administration (Accounting, Finance and Economics ) from The University of Chicago, 2005.
2. Chen, Huafeng (Jason), Jason V Chen, Feng Li, and Pengfei Li, 2022, Measuring Operating Leverage, Review of Asset Pricing Studies.
3. Chen, Huafeng (Jason), Shaojun (Jenny) Chen, Zhuo Chen, and Feng Li, 2019, Empirical Investigation of an Equity Pairs Trading Strategy, Management Science.
4. Chen, Jason V. and Feng Li, 2015, Discussion of "Textual analysis and international financial reporting: Large sample evidence", Journal of Accounting & Economics.
5. Li, Feng, Michael Minnis, Venky Nagar, and Madhav Rajan, 2014, Knowledge, Compensation, and Firm Value: An Empirical Analysis of Firm Communication, Journal of Accounting & Economics.
6. Li, Feng, and Venky Nagar, 2013, Diversity and Performance, Management Science.
7. Li, Feng, Russell Lundholm, and Michaael Minnis, 2013, A measure of competition based on 10-K filings, Journal of Accounting Research.
8. Dichev, Ilia D., and Feng Li, 2013, Growth and Accounting Choice, Australian Journal of Management.
9. Li, Feng, 2012, Discussion of Analyzing Speech to Detect Financial Misreporting, Journal of Accounting Research.
10. Lehavy, Reuven, Feng Li, and Kenneth Merkley, 2011, The Effect of Annual Report Readability on Analyst Following and the Properties of Their Earnings Forecasts, The Accounting Review.
11. Li, Feng, 2011, Earnings Quality Based on Corporate Investment Decisions, Journal of Accounting Research.
12. Li, Feng, and Suraj Srinivasan, 2011, Corporate Governance when Founders are Directors, Journal of Financial Economics.
13. Li, Feng, 2010, Textual Analysis of Corporate Disclosures: A Survey of the Literature, Journal of Accounting Literature.
14. Li, Feng, 2010, The Information Content of Forward-Looking Statements in Corporate Filings-A Naïve Bayesian Machine Learning Approach: the information content of corporate filings, Journal of Accounting Research.
15. Li, Feng, 2008, Annual Report Readability, Current Earnings, and Earnings Persistence, Journal of Accounting & Economics.
16. Wong, Franco M.H., and Feng Li, 2005, Employee Stock Options and Equity Valuation, Journal of Accounting Research.
Working Papers1. Bian, Shibo, Feng Li, and Zhipeng Yan, 2022, Do Small Investors Matter?.
2. Chen, Huafeng, Jason V. Chen, and Feng Li, 2021, The number of estimates in footnotes and accruals.
3. Li, Feng, Jun QJ Qian, Haofei Wang, and Julie Zhu, 2020, Stock Pledged Loans, Capital Markets, and Firm Performance: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
4. Kothari, S.P., Feng Li, and Xu Li, 2020, Monitoring Role of the Press – Evidence from Press Coverage of Chinese Firms Listed in the U.S..