In the international academic community, the top five journals in economics are: the American Economic Review (AER), Econometrica (ECA), the Journal of Political Economy (JPE), the Quarterly Journal of Economics (QJE), and the Review of Economic Studies (RES). The top three journals in finance are: the Journal of Finance (JF), the Journal of Financial Economics (JFE), and the Review of Financial Studies (RFS).
In 2021, a total of 6 papers by SAIF finance professors were published or accepted by the above-mentioned top international academic journals. According to statistics, 52 papers (including accepted and to be published, the same below) were published by SAIF Full Professors in 2021, of which 34 were published in international academic journals. By the end of 2021, SAIF professors published a total of 738 papers, of which 215 were published in top international academic journals, maintaining a leading position among similar institutions. The research results not only reflected the strong intellectual drive at SAIF, but also the academic rigor of the various teaching programs as well.
The 6 papers published or accepted by the top international academic journals were:
- Air Pollution, Affect, and Forecasting Bias: Evidence from Chinese Financial Analysts(JFE) co-authored by Professor Yongxiang Wang (Professor of Finance at SAIF), Rui Dong (Renmin Business School), Raymond Fisman (Department of Economics, Boston University), and Nianhang Xu (Renmin Business School);
- Under-Diversification and Idiosyncratic Risk Externalities (JFE) co-authored by Professor Chao Zi (Assistant Professor of Finance at SAIF), Felipe S. Iachan (EPGE School of Finance, Brazil), and Dejanir Silva (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign);
- Property Rights, Land Misallocation, and Agricultural Efficiency in China (RES) co-authored by Professor Yongxiang Wang (Professor of Finance at SAIF), Amalavoyal Chari (University of Sussex, UK), Elaine M. Liu (University of Houston, National Bureau of Economic Research), and Shing-Yi Wang (University of Pennsylvania, National Bureau of Economic Research);
- Air Pollution, Behavioral Bias, and the Disposition Effect in China (JFE) co-authored by Professor Jie Li (Assistant Professor of Finance at SAIF), Massimo Massa (Institut Européen d'Administration des Affaires), Zhang Hong (Wudaokou School of Finance, Tsinghua University), and Jian Zhang (School of Business and Economics, the University of Hong Kong);
- Premium for Heightened Uncertainty: Explaining Pre-Announcement Market Returns (JFE) co-authored by Professor Jun Pan (Professor of Finance, Chair Professor at SAIF), Professor Jiang Wang (Mizuho Financial Group Professor at Sloan School of Management, MIT, Chair of Academic Council, Senior Advisory Visiting Professor at SAIF), Xing Hu (Wudaokou School of Finance, Tsinghua University), and Haoxiang Zhu (MIT Sloan School of Management);
- Extrapolative Bubbles and Trading Volume (RFS) co-authored by Professor Ning Zhu (Deputy Dean, Professor of Finance at SAIF), Jingchi Liao (Shenzhen Stock Exchange), and Cameron Peng (London School of Economics and Political Science).